Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Story

Christmas 2006, Brian was still on Chemo treatment





Brian said, " Daddy will you shave your hair ?"
Daddy said. " Ok, how about mommy ? will she shave too? "
Brian said, " No, she is a girl , she will looks ugly !"
hahahaha that's my baby ^^ I love you Brian ....


Brian was 4 years old and 9 month when he was diagnosed with brain cancer

Praise The Lord for His mercy and grace
Brian is now 10 years old and doing well



Our son Brian was diagnosed with medulloblastoma, at age 4.9.
Medullo tumors account for 20 % of pediatric brain tumors.

Praise The Lord !  the tumor was completely removed on July 31' 2006
3 weeks after resting period , He did 6 weeks of radiation,
2340 Cgy full brain and spine with a "boost" to the tumor bed to 5580.

Thank God that He was able to do the full 9 cycles of  Chemotherapy protocol accordingly well. I thank God for that, Brian didn't have major complications during  the chemo. I know Jesus has been there for us during the tough time and present.
Brian finished the Chemo treatment on Sept 23' 2007. Total of 15 months treatments.

Brian started his Sythroid and Growth Hormone in October 2009 because of the radiation late side effect.

As for the MRI on July 2014, Brian remains diasease free. Brian has been on healthy diet since the cancer treatment began. I would like to share his recipes and supplements which I think they contribute positively in his health during the treatment and surviving days.

 I hope this blog will help others who may go through the same as ours. I want to say to you that to ask God for His Mercy, Strength, Protection and Guidance !  Don't turn away from Him as He is our only true Hope.

I praise The Lord Jesus for Brian ! He is doing well in life, there are several things of side effects from radiation and treatment that we are dealing now. However, Brian is alive and happy, It means so much to me personally. I count my blessing everyday. Just for doing a small thing such as going to a park or watching TV with him are treasure time to me.

One of the prayers that Brian and I have been praying everynight for several years now:

Psalm 103 : 1-5

1 Praise the LORD, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Amen